Sunday, June 4, 2017

5 Videos That Show How Technology Can Deepen Face-To-Face Relationships

Get the tissues out.

These videos are powerful stories of how social media can be just as a powerful positive force as it can be negative.

Below I share five awesome videos on how you can use technology to deepen relationships, not disconnect.

Ths is a great video on how one teacher gives students another way to share their voice that didn’t exist when I went to school.  It is a simple yet powerful example of a teacher using technology to deepen face-to-face connections.

You may have heard the warnings of “don’t talk to strangers online”, but some of my best friends in the world are people that I have connected with through social media first.  This video reminded me that sometimes you might not have opportunities to connect with like-minded people in your vicinity, but if you look, you may find them.  Although this relationship was mostly developed online, you can see that when the two finally meet, it is quite powerful.

We talk about “bringing experts into our classroom”, but are we willing to share our expertise with the world? This is a powerful example of how schools can create authentic learning experiences while making a remarkable human connection with others from around the world.

This video is one of my favourites and is something that I currently do for my daughter Kallea. The process of taking the time to reflect on her life through my eyes and sending her messages and media is a nice time to reflect on how lucky I am to be her father.

If you can use social media to be mean to people, why can’t you use it to be kind? This video has inspired my thinking in so many ways how students can be leaders in our world today not just the future.  We need more of this video in our world, more often.  Can we the adults follow this student’s lead?

Here is what I can guarantee all of you reading this post…if you look for the negative, you will find it. If you look for the good though, you will also find it.  What do you choose to seek out?



from Connected Principals http://ift.tt/2s6QPnr

No comments:

Post a Comment