Monday, January 11, 2016

Persistence & Determination

Calvin Coolidge is credited with saying, “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

As an educational leader I can promise one thing . . . I am persistent and I am determined. In my heart of hearts and soul of souls, in my unchangeable core, I believe that public education is the silver bullet. I believe that public education makes dreams come true; public education stirs imagination and cultivates creativity.

Yes, we are talented and educated – so are the educators at every other public district in the area. Yes, there are some of us with high IQs and exceptional talent. What is going to make us better is our relentless pursuit of excellence. What is going to take us to higher levels is our determination. We won’t back down . . . we won’t accept the status quo. This can’t be about autopilot – this must be about purpose and intentionality.

We will make people uncomfortable – embrace it. We will face obstacles – overcome them. We will have hurdled places in our path – clear them. It’s too important for us to fold to opposition. It’s too important for us to take the path of least resistance. We must be persistent and determined.

 

 

 

 



from Connected Principals http://ift.tt/1PRO50o

No comments:

Post a Comment