Friday, January 29, 2016

Eat, Love, Sandals Culinary Conference in Jamaica

OchiSign
Last year I teamed up with my dear friend, Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen to organize a small culinary conference and I’m sharing our trip with you today.

So let me tell the truth – Kristan and I had very little experience with organizing events, unless you count toddler birthday parties and family potlucks as experience. There were several moments over last year where I thought maybe we’d mutually gone insane. But after a year of planning and much help from the team at Sandals, I think we pulled it off. We wanted to create a gathering of a group of talented, driven women in a relaxing atmosphere to create an open dialogue that would allow us to learn from each other.

Sandals Ochi in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I make no secret of the fact that I have anxiety – especially in big crowds. I’ve attended food blogging conferences before, but I never get as much out of them as I’d like to, because I become overwhelmed very quickly, and have to retreat for some downtime. Kristan and I wondered, what if we created a retreat where downtime was one of the main goals? Could we get as much out of it?

(more…)

The post Eat, Love, Sandals Culinary Conference in Jamaica appeared first on My Baking Addiction.

        


from My Baking Addiction http://ift.tt/20bIH0r

No comments:

Post a Comment