Sunday, August 14, 2016

“When your attempt rate is high, each individual failure becomes a lot less significant.”

“When your attempt rate is high, each individual failure
becomes a lot less significant.”
Ron Friedman

For all of the people reading this blog post right now, there are exponentially more that aren’t.  And for every blog post that I write, only a very few seem to stick.  I can’t say that any of them have ever gone “viral”, although many have been shared a lot more than what I have ever expected.  Yet if I don’t share my thinking, the answer to how many times posts have been shared is constant; zero.

First of all, I do my best to write for me and my own thinking, not anyone else.  It helps me to clarify my thoughts and deepen my thinking.  Out of anything that I have done in the last few years, I feel that the consistent practice of blogging has done more for my growth than anything.

I do believe that my thinking helps to push that of others.  Sometimes in the way they agree, and sometimes when people disagree.  Opinions and ideas are often formed in what people read and how they connect to it.

But a lot of people are scared to share their thinking because they don’t know if it is going to make an impact on others.  Some others find it very hard to share after something has really resonated.  How in the world will they follow it up?  Is it possible to follow a grand slam with a single hit? Or even worse, following it up by striking out?

The one thing that I tell about people who want to become better writers, is to write more.  You never know what will stick and  we can often be a bad judge of our own work. 

Not everything is going to work out the way you hope, but the more you do it, the better you become, and the more likely you will find success.

Keep going.

Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.—Ronald E. Osborn.



from Connected Principals http://ift.tt/2b7AUM6

No comments:

Post a Comment