Friday, July 15, 2016

How available are you?

How available are you-Being connected means I am always available on something. I’m checking twitter, or my email, or instagram all of the time. There is facebook messenger, there is snapchat. My staff has my cell number and I check my email regularly (gulp.)

I’ve never thought of that as a bad thing.

A conversation this week made me pause, however. Is being that available setting an expectation that I expect that of others? It honestly had never occurred to me. That darn activator “strength” of mine means when I have a question or need input,  I typically reach out to other leaders on campus. While I’m not at all put out if they don’t all respond, I don’t know that I’ve ever communicated that to them.

Knowing that my people are watching all the time, I still think being available is important. What are your strategies for honoring off/down time while maintaining a consistent, constant flow of communication and shared leadership?

How accessible are you to your staff? Can they reach you via phone/text all the time?

 

tick tock,

Amber

 



from Connected Principals http://ift.tt/29W43ZS

No comments:

Post a Comment