Friday, April 19, 2019

J. Alexander’s Carrot Cake

This copycat version of J. Alexander’s Carrot Cake is every bit as perfect as the original: full of carrots, pineapple and coconut, and soaked with a buttermilk syrup for a melt-in-your-mouth slice of cake.

This copycat version of J. Alexander’s Carrot Cake is every bit as perfect as the original: full of carrots, pineapple and coconut, and soaked with a buttermilk syrup for a melt-in-your-mouth slice of cake.

I don’t throw out the word “best” in front of many of my recipe titles, but I almost did for this carrot cake.

I’ve been obsessed with the carrot cake from J. Alexander’s for no less than 10 years. In my opinion, it is carrot cake perfection.

I would get a piece to go almost every time I ate there and nibble on it every night for dessert throughout the week.

J Alexander's Carrot Cake is moist and delicious, perfect for your Easter table

When we moved to Cleveland from Toledo, my love affair with J.’s kind of ended because the closest one is now almost an hour away. :(

Last Easter I decided to search for a copycat recipe for the cake and stumbled upon one from the Sun-Sentinel. You guys, it is pretty much an exact dupe.

I have no idea why I forgot to share the recipe with you last year, but I knew I couldn’t let another spring go by without introducing you to this carrot cake. It’s hearty, moist, perfectly sweet and the frosting – it’s seriously eat-it-with-a-spoon good.

If you’re looking for a last-minute dessert for your Easter dessert table or just one seriously delicious cake recipe, I promise you, this carrot cake will quickly become your new fave!
(more…)

The post J. Alexander’s Carrot Cake appeared first on My Baking Addiction.

        


from My Baking Addiction http://bit.ly/2GAPUkH

No comments:

Post a Comment