Tuesday, May 1, 2018

“Leverage Worry and Fear”

I will admit that I am a sucker for those “list” posts. They are succinct, easy reads, and always give you something to think about.

One such post that I tweeted out this past week was “26 Daily Habits Highly Successful People Have (and the Rest of us Probably Don’t)“.  Do I think that successful people make a “list” of these 26 things and do them daily? Nope. (Even though the number one point was to write everything down….whoops!)  However, I do believe some things are in here that may push people to think about their weaknesses and grow from them.

The second point, which I read over and over again was “Leverage Worry and Fear.” Honestly, I was thrown off by the bold headline and then read the text that went along with it:

“Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due. I’m a believer that harnessing fear by developing a strong backbone–not wishbone–is a key to success every day. Successful people don’t wish for success, they work at success in spite of their fears. Stay mentally and spiritually strong in the face of adversity in difficult and painful circumstances by replacing worry and fear with determination.”

–Miron Lulic

The line in bold (emphasis mine), really stuck with me.  I think that we always talk about people being fearful of failure, but there is also the fear of not being able to replicate past success.  We often find reasons why things won’t work, and talk ourselves out of things that we knew worked in the past in fear that they may fail in the future.

I have learned over and over again in my life that if I want something to work, it will happen if I put my energy into it. It might not happen the way I thought it would, as fast as I wanted, or even be the exact outcome that I once planned for, but I will always learn and grow from the process and achieve success in some way.  I have said this before but “hope” is not a strategy.  If you want things to happen, you have to make them so.

I would much rather try and fall on my face than to have given up because only one of those outcomes guarantees failure.

(One of my favorite little lessons from Jim Carrey that applies to so much personally and professionally.)

Comics Of Legend: Jim Carrey



from Connected Principals https://ift.tt/2rdJiAH

No comments:

Post a Comment